Praise God!
For more than a year now, We have been regularly involved in our Church. Both Hubby and I have had a relationship with God in our past. However we had allowed it to fade into something we only thought of a few times a year. But we wanted more for our family. We wanted to raise our girls knowing the love of the Lord. So about two years ago we began "trying on" local Churches. We weren't sure what we were looking for, not really sure what we believed or why. Then we stumbled upon our church a bit over a year ago and, we knew we had found a new church family. And what a year it has been. We have been blessed beyond words. Our marriage has grown in a way we didn't know it could. We've become better parents, better friends, better people. We have such glorious purpose to our lives now. When we set out to find a church to attend we couldn't have know what God had in store for us. The Lord had so much more for us than just a church service every Sunday. We soon realized that our own individual relationships with Christ had been neglected. Hubby and I both found ourselves looking to learn more, to be closer to him. We both knew Christ, knew him as the savior, knew his sacrifice, knew God's sacrifice of his beloved son, but somehow we had lost the emotional connection to this knowledge. We have been reminded that Christ loves US and is with US! That he is OUR savior! That he gave the ultimate sacrifice for US! That God loves US so much he gave is only son for US! What an amazing feeling to know that kind of love! So when our pastor announced the opportunity to make a public display of our faith, a testimony through baptism we were excited to do it. Sunday was our Baptism day. I'm so proud of the changes we've made to our lives. And I'm so excited for the future. My heart is full indeed!
2 comments:
Awwwww.....I missed this post last night. Sorry about that.
What an awesome testimony, Mama Sunshine!!! You gave me chills as I read your post. Absolutely awesome!!!!
TEARS... I have tears. You guys are SUCH a beautiful testimony! Thank you for sharing this. I'm so sad we missed it in "real life" :) but so happy we get to see you every Sunday living out REAL life! :)
Post a Comment